Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cut and Stiched

Once upon a time, back when I used to be a veterinary assistant, a very mean cat came into our hospital. A very nasty, sick cat. It was diagnosed with a deadly kitty disease, so obviously, it was kind of on the cranky side. As I was holding it for the vet, Kitty freaked out, and tried to jump out of my arms. I held on, and got a nice big infected scratch on my shoulder. I had to go to the doctor and get antibiotics. I also had to get the wound drained. I got better, end of story.

Or so I thought.

Fast forward four years. This cyst popped up in the exact location where Kitty scratched me. I got it checked out, and Doc thinks the infection never went away! Thanks Kitty. So I had to get it biopsied, which meant I had to face the greatest fear known to man and womenkind.

I'm absolutely, 100% terrified of needles. They literally make me faint.

Which is really lame, since I used to give injections and draw blood all day. But I guess it's different if you're doing it on someone else.

So I put on my best pitiful face, and begged Judd to take me to the biopsy, even though it was in the middle of his work day. What a stud!

So they got out the cookie cutter needle, did their thing, and was over. I pretty much squeezed the blood out of Judd's hand, I was holding it so tight. BUT... I didn't pass out, and I didn't cry, which either one would have been really embarrassing!

As a reward, we celebrated at Cafe Rio, my least guiltiest pleasure. I justify it in that pretty much everything in it is healthy, and i get two meals out of one burrito!

I have these stitches now, and my shoulder is sore, but other than that, I'm alright, as long as I don't have some nasty cat infection!

1 comment:

  1. Just another reason for me to not like cats! I'm sorry. I'm scared of needles too, which does not mix well with being pregnant and getting pricked and poked more than I want to!
    I can't believe SUU beat UNLV :)
    And... You won't need your own cricut if we end up going to dental school in Vegas :) I hear craft days ringing in my ears and it sounds heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete