Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We're EXPECTING!!!!!!

...a PUPPY!!!


Ha ha, I know what you were thinking there!

This blog may be a bit premature, but we are like 99.9% for sure (as in we better, lol) finally getting our little Bindi for Christmas! She will be a border collie, much like the one that introduced Judd and I two years ago. We've become rather attached to the breed, especially after having said border collie Nel come stay with us several times in our home.

We've seriously had our future dog planned out since before we were engaged. We are so excited to be parents to the breed of dog considered the most intelligent. This is the type of dog that people do agility training and flyball sports with. I've been (slightly) obsessively going on KSL every day to find the perfect pup for us.

Of course every time I announce our puppy plans, everyone has to jump on the Rescue Bandwagon and make sure we are planning on adopting our puppy from an animal shelter. And I would LOVE to do that…except that our lack of a fenced backyard is preventing shelters from wanting to adopt out to us. Our complex has nice grassy areas and we're active people so I don't feel we're cheating the dog out of anything, but I understand why the shelters have to have these rules. I understand the concern everyone has and I'm always recommending rescuing as opposed to spending hundreds of dollars on a puppy-mill product.

So our plan is to buy a pup from Utah that was farm-raised and just needs a good home. There's so many on this website that people bought that they now can't have anymore for whatever reason, or some that are in "oops" litters. I'd like to see the dog's parents if at all possible to look for good health and behavior traits.

It's been awhile since I've had a dog. I miss my Sadie so much, but I can't wait to make new memories with our little Bindi!

No comments:

Post a Comment