Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The one where Judd gets Kristen a dirt bike...


(He wanted a hot biker-chick pose!)

So Judd has this pretty little dream he's been envisioning since before we got engaged: him and me riding dirt bikes out into the sunset, with a little dog chasing us. Anyone who knows Judd really well knows he's a REALLY GOOD rider, and anyone who knows me really well knows that I got hit by a motorcycle when I was sixteen and broke my leg. He loves them, I'm terrified. He goes on Moab trips, the one time I have been on a dirt bike was kind of a bad experience. So would the dream ever come true?

I finally gave in and let him buy me a dirt bike this past weekend. It helps that it's cute, has an electric start, and brand new meaning that no one has caused it to have an accident (yet!). Honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell you the make or model, but be assured that Judd says it's a great bike and he's kind of an expert on this sort of thing! He rode it a few times (I refuse to get on it until my shiny new pink helmet comes in the mail!) and says it's a smooth ride.

But as cynical and nervous as I probably sound writing this, I am really excited to try out my new bike. I just have to remind myself that it's like the first time I rode a bike without training wheels, it was scary at first but then it was fun! I really want to be included in Judd's favorite hobby so this was my way of showing that I'm interested in what he's interested in. After all, Judd goes shopping with me enough times and is going to Cape Cod with me, so it works out both ways. I bet it will be fun once I stop being a big chicken about it!

2 comments:

  1. LOL love the hot biker-chick pose! And you are right, scary at first, but a blast later! My advise is to just have confidence in yourself! You can do it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be great, Kristen. From one biker chick with a husband who loves biker chicks to another, you'll have him wrapped around your finger (not that you don't have him there already). I look forward to seeing you in Moab one of these days - it's a good time!

    ReplyDelete