Sunday, July 4, 2010

Biker Chick



So now that I'm properly equipped with pink and black gear (ignore the dorky elbow pads), I feel much more confident and ready when I get on this beastly dirt bike! It wasn't as terrifying as I thought it was going to be. I can now get it in third gear, even though I still have this sense of "I'm going way fast and this would really hurt/suck if I fell" feeling, but the elating/adventurous part makes it all worth it! It's kind of like learning to ride a bike again, and while it took me (ah hem...embarrassing moment here...) two years as a kid to learn how to do that without training wheels, at least I could this in one afternoon!

Like the boots? TOTAL STEAL! I went into the store planning on buying the $80 boots, but they were out. Maybe Cycle Gear doesn't get in too many lady customers looking for pink-accented equipment, but the guy told me he'd match-price the boots I wanted with any other women-styled boots, including the really nice pair for $180! I asked if he was serious, and then he told me that if I bought gloves (which I needed anyways), he'd knock an additional $30 off the boots! So I got those $180 boots for $50! I don't know about you, but I love those good sales moments in life, so inspirational!

But anyways, since Judd says I should focus more on the bike instead of shopping for it, I've now been out four times, and it is a BLAST! Judd is a great teacher, and Bindi is a great chaser! Somehow this is supposed to be a workout, and while I'm not sure of the logistics of that, I do feel more in-shape after riding.

So if anyone ever wants to go, let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment