Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kristen Reviews...the "I told you so" TV moment, the City within a City, and a little taste of bliss


We'll start with the event I said would happen since the beginning of this season's The Bachelorette. I knew from the moment Frank's creepy face filled Hannah's TV screen that there was something off about that guy. And even though all the previews and reviews showed "Rated R" and Wolverine Craig as the bad guys, I just knew Frank was going to pull some sort of stunt. Sure enough, he went back to Chicago to see if he still had feelings for his old girlfriend. My thoughts on this: if he was doubting anything, it would have been nice of him to tell Ali before she got weirdly attached to him (I know, with Roberto and Chris there, she liked Frank?). But at the same time, Ali is leading him on as well as the other guys. But I guess it's okay if you're getting paid $100,000 dollars to do it. But to Frank's girlfriend: congrats on getting your man back. I hope you have your own place and a decent job, because Mr.-I-had-a-good-job-but-I-wanted-to-pursue-my-screenwriting-so-I-moved-to-Paris-and-ended-up-back-at-my-parents...well, you know already. Maybe he'll write a really good screenplay about this whole experience.

At least my favorite homeboy Cape Cod Chris is hanging in there in the final two, but Roberto may be better for her. But that's probably because I think one of my Cape Cod friends should track Chris down for herself!



City Center...an experiment in the idea of "a city within a city". In Tokyo, they're building something along the same premise, except that it is one gigantic building with schools, grocery stores, libraries, public pools, you name it. I'm not sure if Las Vegas's City Center will eventually remember to cater to the people who live there as opposed to just visiting, but either way, the architecture alone makes it worth checking out. Random waterfalls, cool lighting arrangements, and gravity-defying statues and buildings are amazing. We walked around Aria, and then went to the still-under-construction mall Crystals. What I don't understand is why Crystals was necessarily needed. All of its stores are overly-expensive high-end fashion, but we already have malls and hotels with these stores on the Strip. At least at Fashion Show and Miracle Mile, they have reasonably-priced stores too for those of us not wanting to drop $1,000 on a pair of shoes. But it is fun to walk around still and pretend like we're super ritzy!





CRAZY-HORSE ROLL!!!
My favorite sushi place in Las Vegas is Sushi on Tropicana, and the creation pictured is why. I can't believe I found a picture of it online, but there you go! Salmon, crab, avocado, cream cheese, rice, sea-weed, dipped in tempura, baked, then drizzled in eel and yum-yum sauce. A long time ago when Judd and I first started dating, he was kind of hesitant on the sushi thing. So I took him to this restaurant and made him eat that divine creation. Now he loves it! We have started to make our own version of this, and it's awesome, but this roll at that place will always reign supreme! We live across the street from Sushi on Tropicana, so we tend to frequent it just a bit. Plus we're buddies with the sushi chefs now, so they usually give us free deep-fried ice cream or something!

4 comments:

  1. #1: My husband & I work at Louis Vitton in City Center! It is pretty expensive, but I can dream that maybe one day I will own a pair of their shoes!
    #2: What cross street are you guys close to? Trop & ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Well then I'm glad Crystals exists so you guys can work there! I think I'm just jealous that I actually walked out of that mall WITHOUT a shopping bag, lol!
    We're on Trop and Topaz, really close to UNLV! We so need to do a double date or girls night sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just clean Louis Vitton. We live down on Maryland & Sahara, so we are not far at all. We definately need to get together! Do you guys like to play tennis?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've never played tennis, but we COULD! After all, it's close enough to racquetball, right? =D We're all for cheap dates!

    ReplyDelete