Sunday, July 4, 2010

That puppy can swim!

I love this picture because both of us are squinting in it!


For the past few months, we have slowly been trying to teach Bindi how to swim. "Teach" probably isn't the best word since she can swim naturally, more like "getting Bindi accustomed to water". This dog was such a wimp when it came to swimming. We really wanted to get her to like swimming with us, especially since she's a little black dog in the hot Vegas heat. But finally yesterday, after a day of chasing dirt bikes, Bindi either knew she couldn't hide under the trailer any more or got tired of watching us have all the fun, because she voluntarily got in on her own! We were so excited and of course, like proud parents, took a ton of pictures. She's much nicer and cuddlier in the water and reminds me of a baby seal. She prefers to lounge around on the blue raft, but I'm sure once we remember to bring a tennis ball, she'll jump right in!

In other news, we're enjoying our 3 day 4th of July weekend, definitely needed! It was nice getting much needed relaxation in, and extra fun seeing people we haven't seen in forever (Mark and Katherine and their cute little boy, Jason and Cari and their awesome kids...geez, we're so behind...)

I think I have Judd convinced to watch the Jake/Vienna showdown tomorrow on The Bachelorette (what? They didn't work out? Unbelievable...not! Should have gone with Tenley!).

I got called as the Mia Maid adviser in our ward today. I'm excited, mainly because I've been wanting to teach Young Women's since we started going to family wards after getting married. I guess I just feel like I can relate to them so much more than Relief Society, but that's probably because I'm closer to age to them then RS! Should be interesting. I hope I can find the balance between being the girls' friend and their adviser, because I know when I was that age, I couldn't stand the leaders who were really pushy and I preferred the younger leaders that just seemed to "get it". It will be nice though, since Judd is in Young Men, so we'll get to do a lot of activities together, and of course, Mutual every Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment