Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nelson's Landing









Just got our pictures back from the Christmas Card shoot! We went to Nelson's Landing, about an hour south of town. It's this funny little "ghost town" with all kinds of things to explore. Old buses, barns, even a plane crash. Perfect place to take pictures! And shockingly, Bindi is looking at the camera in almost all the pictures! Sierra and Darren from DazzlePhotozz did these for us, with Sierra behind the camera and Darren getting Bindi's attention with silly noises. Fun, fun day!

Thoughts on Current Events:

Whitney Houston's death has dominated the headlines, and my newscast. I won't pass judgement on what she was or wasn't doing at the time of her death. I'd rather remember her for the amazing talent she was. Look up her rendition of the National Anthem, it will give you chills.

It's the Poor People Hater vs. Sweater Vest for the Republican nod for president now. Just kidding. I know Mitt Romney really doesn't hate poor people. He has an awesome track record to prove it. But Rick Santorum does wear a LOT of sweater vests.

My Runnin' Rebels are now ranked 11th in the nation! Finally, something UNLV can be proud of (other than it's AWESOME journalism department!).

And seriously... this season of the Bachelor is ticking me off. Courtney HAS to have some kind of social disorder. That would explain why she is so awful and manipulative. I can't believe Emily the rapping doctor got sent home over her!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, don't get me started on the Bachelor. I couldn't take it anymore, so I read the spoiler on RealitySteve.com...don't judge me! Haha. I seriously think Courtney has a disorder too, but it's OK because I don't like Ben anyways. THis past episode she told Ben how she doesn't need to be there to find love, but on their first one-on-one date she said how she doesn't get asked out much by guys. Soooo, she is just as fake as I thought she is and I'm surprised Ben hasn't seen it yet! She is like this season's Vienna, except without a sausage name. Oooooy

    ReplyDelete