Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Jobs, new opportunities

Life's jumping ahead of me! I can barely keep up with everything that's going on these days. But I'm enjoying the ride.
So we both got new jobs recently. Judd is at a new firm, teaching people how to be computer and design geniuses like him. Ok, that's a stretch, but he's getting to travel and meet lots of people. I'm hoping it's our ticket out of Las Vegas someday since they have offices in several other states. Plus they're helping with the design of the Disney Castle in Shenghai, so I have a crazy fantasy that we'll become a cool international family who lives abroad.
But that's going to have to wait a bit. I also have a new position! Same station, but now I'm the producer of a much bigger show! Before, it was just the 4:30 a.m. Fun, a good show to learn on. Now I'm the 7-9 a.m. Producer! It's crazy busy all the time. My show is a little more entertainment based than a typical newscast, we have a ton of guests that come on, and we tend to keep things more lighthearted and fun! I'm working with a great team, thankfully, since this isn't the easiest job to learn. I went back and forth on whether to take this show for a few weeks, mostly because I was kind of intimidated by it. But now that I'm kind of used to it, it's becoming easier. I'm sticking with my mantra: I CAN do hard things!
So if you're in Vegas or have the FOX5 app, it's FOX5 News Live in Las Vegas, from 7-9 a.m. Hey, I'd be an awful producer if I didn't do a little shameless promotion of my show!
We're really excited and thankful for these new changes. Once we get settled in, we can start figuring out the next big change to hopefully come our way. Yes, that was a Pre-announcement. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yay on your new position. and I hope you guys get to go and live in awesome places too.

    ReplyDelete