Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Born to be WIIIIILLLLLLDDD

That's the song I have stuck in my head as I write this post.

Judd and I spent a few days in Sunny San Diego this past December. I had free tickets to Disneyland I had to use up (perks of working in the media). But we needed to entertain ourselves for the other 3 days we were there. So we figured, why not the greatest zoo in America?


The San Diego Zoo! I haven't been since I was a kid, and Judd had never gone. I totally forgot how HUGE the place is. Seriously, it took us at least 20 minutes to find the first animals other than ducks. FAIL WHALE! But then we found my favorite zoo animal, the giraffe. I LOVE giraffes.


This was kind of cool. They have a program where they pair up dogs and cheetahs together. The dogs help keep the cheetahs calm. If I ever need a Plan B career path, I'm gonna be a zoo keeper.



It's not the San Diego Zoo without the Pandas! I remember as a kid, it took more than an hour to see them, thanks to a ridiculous line. Here, we got right in, although it was still a little crowded. We were given all of three minutes to admire their majesty, then had to move along. Still worth it. Doesn't that little guy look like he needs a hug?


Speaking of bears who needs hugs, I think this Grizzly is adorable. Probably wouldn't think the same thing if I ran into him in the wild though.


Judd loved the gorillas. There was a father and his two sons here.


This was easily our favorite exhibit. Otters AND monkeys in one enclosure! Unfortunately, I couldn't get monkeys and otters in the same picture, but whoever thought to combine the two is GENIUS. We were so entertained, we must have stayed here at least 20 minutes.



And of course, the San Diego Zoo has the best mode of transportation EVER. I love this sky ride. You can ride it as much as you like, and see the whole zoo from the air.

This zoo visit, combined with my recent discovery of how awesome Pinterest is, inspired me to give our living room an African makeover. I had to wait until Christmas was over to start on it, but it's coming along! I've been wanting some kind of scheme for that room for awhile now, because it was sort of blah. But now, my little wild animal accents are really bringing some character to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment