Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh yeah, we do have a life...

I realized that I spend so much time just spouting off whatever's going on in my mind that I've neglected to update this blog on other happenings! And what's the point of having a Mormon Mommy Blog (minus the mommy part)/Cute Young Married Couple blog without sharing for posterity's sake what we do these days?



There's about a billion October events in Las Vegas, mainly because people can finally stand to be outside for more than 15 minutes. We go to as many as we can, but by far, the funnest is the Ren Faire! Okay, so it may just be me who thinks that, but I'm trying to stretch out my childhood for as long as I can, and since I've been going to this since I was 11, it works. Jousting, great food, freak show, I love it! Judd loves it too, he just won't openly admit it =D

Karaoke Night! Kristin with an I came into town (you know I love you!) the other night, so it was a bit of an LVA/Friends We've Gathered Along The Way Reunion at the Ellis Island Karaoke bar! I'm permanently scarred from constantly having to compete against overly-amazing singers back during my LVA years, so I don't sing by myself publicly... but I'll sing in a group! Unfortunately the line to sing was about 100 years long so our little group didn't get to show off our best Spice Girls rendition (I was going to be Baby), but it was fun to cheer on Maria and Kristin. And Sasha should put out an album, she was the best singer there!



And this morning there was one of those rare freak thunderstorms. We don't have grass in our little yard, so I made Bindi wear bags on her feet. Such a patient dog!

Other then that, I'm just counting the days down to Graduation. Judd is making Cowboy Beebop Grips for his gun, and he hopes he can eventually make some to sell on Ebay. Apparently (nerdy) people pay hundreds of dollars for these. Thankfully I married someone extra nerdy who would rather make his own! (that's why I love him!)

We've been doing so much better at eating healthy and have shed some of those nasty newlywed pounds. Not that there were a lot, but I think everyone who is married knows what I mean. I'm on this big vegetable and "blue fruit" kick right now. I tell Judd it's in an effort to keep him around longer, but really, I know I at least feel a lot healthier and have more energy lately.

And the holidays are coming up! I'm already working on my Black Friday list, because I'll be honest, Black Friday is my favorite holiday after Fourth of July. I save up for it for months...then just let loose for a day! Don't worry, I'm getting in everyone's Christmas presents in there, I'm not that selfish.

And we're about to be an aunt and uncle for the first time! Robin is having a little boy and Molly will know soon what her baby will be. We're super excited to meet the little ones!

1 comment:

  1. what? a life?! psh! who has one of those! I love your rain boots for Bindi! :)

    ReplyDelete