Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Las Vegas Great Santa Run!

This town does the Las Vegas Great Santa Run every year around this time. It's a yearly attempt to break the world record for most Santas in one place (accomplished in 2007). Proceeds from the event go to Opportunity Village, a really great organization that helps out mentally challenged people here in the valley. I've always seen it on TV, but never actually joined in on the madness until this year.

My TV station sponsors this race, so this year, I volunteered to help set up. I got there at the break of dawn (because that's at seven a.m. these days), and it was miserably FREEZING. And WINDY. AND I forgot my coat. But that wouldn't dampen our jolly Christmas spirits! I borrowed a vest, and away we went!

It's not a running event without my favorite Border Collie, so we bought a little kid Santa shirt for her, and made her come along!



The FOX5 team, and Bindi.


Getting ready to run. I have about 6 layers on at this point, including the Santa Suit.


There were a bunch of "opening acts", including the Jabbawockeez! I've always wanted to see them live, so it was pretty cool watching them up close.


Bindi wasn't a fan of the Jabbawockeez, Recycled Percussion, or anyone who was loud since our setup was right next to the stage. She needed a little babying.

Ashley K. and I getting ready to go. From our old Studio G days until now, we've stuck together!

More pics... I swear half of "helping" was posing instead.


Ok, so I had it in my head I would do the 5K. But the combination of having a recovering puppy (she was really sick earlier this week) and having not run in a few weeks, I decided to stick with the one mile. Didn't want to kill either one of us! Judd on the other hand, snuck off to Frys and met us when the race was over. It was a blast, and I'm so doing the 5k next year! In fact, I'm feeling really ambitious and thinking I want to do the Rock & Roll Marathon too! Secretly, I wish I were a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment