Friday, November 25, 2011

True Love

I have a lot of love for my favorite day of the year, Black Friday. The rush I get when I score an awesome deal, the holiday music, the crowds, the race to grab a limited item. The quality time i get to spend with my mom, who passed down all of her Black Friday wisdom to me. Finding the perfect gift for everyone. I got my brother a donut maker, I seriously hope he practices that thing on his family. :)

Normally I do splurge a bit on myself. But this year, due to my self-imposed punishment of being a crappy ring owner, I humbled myself and said no gifts for me. Nothing, nada, zip.

Except for those freakin' fantastic boots pictured here.

I have an ongoing love affair with boots. I'm not the kind of person who spends a ton of money on labels or expensive clothes, or even purses. Im not really even a shoe kind of girl. But show me an adorable boot, and my knees go weak. I live in Las Vegas, which means my boot wearing is kind of limited. So I live in them during the cold seasons, and look for excuses to break them out in the summer.

So when I saw these Ugg Bailey Button Triplets, I knew it was true love, and they were meant to be. Even if it's pretty much guaranteed they'll probably never go on sale this season anywhere. Judd tried talking me into a knock off pair at first. I can do knock off with most things like purses or jewelry. But not these. Too pretty.

So I grabbed them this morning, and they're safely hidden away. It's actually kind of nice restricting myself to one present. I can now really focus on the season itself and true meaning, and forget all the consumerism. Christmas comes just once a year, why waste it on silly material needs?

1 comment: