Thursday, November 17, 2011

Arizona Animal Adventures



Ok, so I know it's ridiculously lame to post the second half of vacation pictures like a month after the first. But these were all on Judd's phone, and I just now got them off. Plus... they're animals!! Who doesn't love animals?

We were warned there were skunks in our campground. But we were also told they were friendly, they were just super curious. We didn't see any the first few nights. But Monday night... they were out in full force. A whole bunch of them.


I learned something about my husband I didn't know before. He is absolutely crazy about skunks! I mean, he's fascinated to the point where he wants to get one as a pet. (they're not legal anywhere we want to live though, so probably not happening!). So Judd spent the night following these skunks around, trying to get a great picture. He got a little too close and snapped this awesome image before remembering these things can spray!




Lucky for him, nothing happened. He says we could get one and disguise it as a kitty. Hmmm...

We also checked out the "Out of Africa" zoo/safari while we were in Sedona. It's this cool park in the middle of nowhere. Most of the animals were sleeping, but this one giraffe was starved for attention, so it followed us around as we walked around its enclosure.








The coolest part of this zoo is its Safari tour. They have a bunch of wild animals all living in this huge enclosure. You get in this bus, and a guide takes you through it. He throws out food so the animals will come up close. I loved the antelope with the crazy horns above, and of course, the zebras. But this below was the best part of the day...


You're allowed to feed the giraffes carrot sticks. So the guide dared someone to put it in their mouth, and feed it to the giraffe that way. Guess who volunteered! It wasn't that gross... plus now that giraffes have quickly climbed up my list of favorite animals, I thought it was awesome!


Thoughts on Current Events:

Penn State Scandal... this has dominated my newscasts for the past few weeks. It gets worse and worse every day. Did you check out that Bob Costos interview with Jerry Sandusky? It's seriously one of the creepiest things I've ever heard.

While we're on possible sexual abuse... Herman Cain. I personally think some ladies wanted a fat paycheck, air time, and a book deal. Why would you wait a decade after the fact to go after someone who did something so rotten to you? Oh yeah... because everyone knows his name now!

Speaking of women who may or may not make up stories for attention... Mariah Yeater is kind of a nutcase. Justin Bieber is not her baby daddy. I'm not even going to try and give her any credibility on this one. Some texts of hers got out today where she was telling her friends to delete anything saying who the real baby daddy was. If I'm wrong... that will be absolutely crazy.

Also in entertainment news... Kim Kardashian's divorce... oh, wait, I stopped caring about that, never mind.

But something I do care about... Occupy Protesters. Not because I am mad because I'm in the 99 percent (and really, is that even accurate)... but I'm concerned about the day I'm going to have to write about the big shootout that could occur if this keeps going on. These guys may have started out with a decent message (if you can figure out what it is)... but sleeping in tents and causing health and sanitation issues isn't solving the problem. I'm fine with peaceful marches and protests. But defacing buildings and news vans (including ours at FOX5) isn't cool. Police riots aren't cool either.


No comments:

Post a Comment