Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Reason #468762 why I need to be rich

Just kidding. I don't really need to be rich. I'd just like the means to afford a small functioning farm, a cottage on the Cape, and private school for the future kiddies. No harm in dreaming big, right?

Oh, and one other thing. I think I'd like to get a professional massage at a world class salon every now and then...


So up until yesterday, I have never had a professional massage at a spa. I've had massages, especially since the bestie is a professional massage therapist. But never at a spa where everyone goes out of their way to pamper you.

Said Bestie, Sasha, bless her dear heart, gave her friends a spa day at the Bellagio this year for Christmas. It came with the full experience, not just the massage. The steam rooms, the jetted tubs, the showers with four different sprayers, the beautiful vanity rooms with every type of curling irons and beauty supplies imaginable, fluffy robes, soothing music, drinks and fruit on tables, the scented air, the quiet rooms. I could go on and on... and the massage was incredible. No wonder Sasha is the most serene person I know, I would be too if I spent the majority of my time in that environment!

It was pure heaven. For four hours, my phone was silent, I wasn't at a computer, wasn't figuring out bills or work or UNLV deadlines. I was in a total state of bliss.

So yes, I don't need to be rich. But I think I could use a day like yesterday a little more often than once every 24 years.

That being said... are there any cheap spas out there?

2 comments:

  1. Oh heck, just reading about this makes me want to go to a spa! The only massages I've done are the student ones here in town from the schools, which are pretty darn good, but nothing like the Bellagio experience. I vote that we have a girls spa day..no, spa DAYS, when our husbands make enough money...and can manage to watch our kids too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That sounds amazing! Yes, I agree with you: I think that being rich isn't the goal, but being able to afford nice things and often is wonderful :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete