Monday, May 18, 2009

Congrats Dawn and Tyson!!!

(Dawn catching the bouquet at my wedding...look what happened!)


They’re “finally” married! Dawn and Tyson are absolutely awesome people and we couldn’t be more thrilled for them! I guess that old superstition about the girl who catches the bridal bouquet is the next to get married, because that is what happened here. Dawn was one of my bridesmaids, and she totally beat out the other girls when I tossed my bouquet! (Ok, I totally admit to aiming in her direction because she just seemed like the best candidate for a potential marriage, even though at the time she didn’t have a boyfriend!).


This was my first experience being a bridesmaid, and I hope I did Dawn’s wedding as much justice as she did for mine. Planning her bridal shower and then helping with the bachelorette party was fun. Her other bridesmaids were such sweet girls, it’s a bummer they don’t all live in Vegas. I thought it was funny that at her Bachlorette party, Dawn was in fact, the only bachelorette as we were all married!

This was also my first time getting to witness a temple sealing besides my own. I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful it is to see two people I care so much about committing their lives together and knowing that they will be together for all time and eternity. It just filled me with so much love, especially for Dawn who has really inspired me ever since she joined this church a few years ago. I was such a teary wreck, but it was happy tears!

I got to do the whole isle walk, complete with a goofy pose with Dawn’s brother just to shake it up a bit! They had Memphis BBQ cater the reception (great choice guys!) and the best “first dance” I have ever seen, complete with bits from everything from “Macerana” to “YMCA” to “Bye, bye bye”!

So overall, we’re so happy for Dawn and Tyson. I’m glad Dawn found someone as great as Tyson, and I hope Tyson knows how lucky he is to have such a wonderful wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment