Friday, May 29, 2009

Peeve has Returned!


So we have this Red Eared Slider named Peeve. I became her stepmom when I married Judd; she accompanied him throughout his bachelor days. She is the most unique turtle I have ever encountered. She is like a little cat, she has almost free-reign of the apartment and likes to crawl up on us and cuddle.
Peeve is also a master at hiding. We let her out about every other night, and with all the noise she makes climbing all over things, it is not that difficult to find her...usually. But this week, we went three days without a sign of her! We were getting pretty nervous, it's not like she can run away. We went though all these scenarios over what could have happened to her. I got this nasty feeling that we may have accidently thrown her away because we had a garbage bag on the floor for a little while while cleaning some stuff, and I wondered if maybe she crawled in it when we weren't looking. This revelation came to me at about 4:30 the other night. Poor Judd was so bummed about his missing turtle, so I decided it was time to go dumpster diving. I imagined myself being this really great hero bringing back a smelly, dirty, but otherwise alive Peeve and making Judd all happy again!
Unfortunatly for me, my glory moment was ruined when Judd realized she might be able to fit under a nightstand. I thought it was impossible, but sure enough, he reached under it and there she was! She really is a crazy-good hider, we've found her before in purses, under clothes, under lovesacs, etc...it's just never taken us more then a night to find her!
I'm glad she's okay and alive, I'm just bummed I wasn't the one to find her!

1 comment:

  1. You didn't go dumpster diving before Judd found her did you? That would have been horrible! If Judd found her before you went dumpster diving, that's good!

    ReplyDelete