Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cape Cod- Hocake Style!







So 6 days in Paradise wasn't enough for me. Judd went back to work, and I stayed in the Cape to hang out with my most favorite Cape Cod Hocake (trust me, it's a term of endearment), Alex! It was fun to have a girl's trip. Her family was very gracious in letting me stay in their cottage (like I used to back in the day) and eat their fantastic food. Even though the rest of our usual Cape Cod gang wasn't there (losers!), we still had a blast doing all the usual Cape Cod things! I think this is the summer we realized that while a lot of things change (friends move, graduate, have real jobs they can't ditch for two weeks, oh, and grow up), some things stay the same on the Cape. The tides still go in and out, Kate's ice cream calls for nightly trips, kids still try to sink the barge-like rafts, lobster is always excellent, and some friendships are meant to stand the test of distance and time. I think an annual Hocake trip is definetly in order from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment