Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Congrats Kim and Geoff!





So after a year of anxiously waiting, Kim and Geoff finally got married!

I got back from my trip just in time to help with all the festivities. Kim, Amber, Shelly, and I went accessory and makeup shopping the night before the big day. After that, Judd came and helped us all decorate the church for the reception. His engineering skills came in handy for trying to figure out the best way to hang the canopy! We had a bunch of crafty things to use as centerpieces, so Kim and I played with them until we came up with an arrangement sort of like the one above for each table. Not that you can see it really well in these pictures, but that necklace is Kim's "Something Borrowed"...my necklace from my wedding!

The next day, Judd and I were honored to be present during their sealing. It's not everyday you get to go to a live one, so it was nice to be there and remember our own. Kim's brother on a mission, Kevin, was also there, in cardboard spirit! (But not in the temple, he had to wait outside!) After pictures, Judd and I headed home where I spent the next two hours frantically assembling a Kristen-Custom-Designed reception guest book, our last minute wedding gift! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out and bummed I didn't take any pictures of it. But at least everyone signed it and wrote the bride and groom some sweet messages!

The reception was fun, especially the dancing (my favorite reason to go to them!). Kim and Geoff looked as happy as could be, even if Geoff's super-sweet car got written on. Geoff's 4 brothers each spoke, and Kim's cardboard brother gave a pre-recorded speech.

I'm so happy for the new couple, especially for Kim. I've known her since Girls' Camp days, and she has always been such an amazing friend and confidante. She really does deserve the best.

On a side note, I think it's cute that we both started out with our initials KA, and now we're both KK!

And your Fun Fact for the day! Kim's sister Amber is dating Judd's brother Telly (really small world), so if it hopefully works out someday, Kim and I would be somewhat related!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment