Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cape Cod- Judd and Kristen Style!






I am so glad I married someone who can appreciate my favorite place in the entire world almost as much as I do. Judd and I went to the most scenic town Brewster in the most beautiful place in the world, Cape Cod! For those unfamilair with what Cape Cod is (it's okay, I'm finding most people have no idea), it is the part of Massachusetts that kind of juts out like an arm flexing, and Brewster would be kind of on the bicep. It's one of those places where the tide will go out a mile and you can walk the flats and play with all the little sea critters. There are two cottages up there that my family shares with various extended family members, and the Alworths have been going up for about five generations now every summer. We're related to half "the park", which is the community the cottages are in by the beach, which meant I always had to be careful who I dated up there back in the day! Everything Cape Cod is totally ingrained in me, so luckily I found someone who loves it too!

Judd and I enjoyed 6 days of fishing, boating, biking along the Cape Cod Bike trail, eating excellent seafood that you just can't get in Vegas, beaching it up, tanning, shopping, and so on. Judd was a good sport and played in the weekly community baseball game with Dad and Sam, which all the older guys appreciated! He was also a good sport Monday night when I commandeered the one television set to watch the season finale of The Bachelorette (Chris deserves better!). Judd also enjoyed the most likely to cause a heart-attack burger ever at Friendly's (another New England entity): a burger in between TWO grilled cheese sandwiches!

I just love this place. It is a town ingrained in American values, where people wave and say hello to strangers. They buy their vegetables from farmer's stands and catch their own fish to eat. Kids have bonfires on the beaches and play sports in the mornings. I can jog in the woods and not worry about getting attacked. It is my ultimate dream to live in Massachusetts, and Judd agrees that when we get rich enough, we're buying a cottage on the beach to live in during the summer! There really isn't a happier place on Earth, not even Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment