Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Bachelorette Week 1!

It's back!
So I wasn't thrilled that Ali was chosen as the next Bachelorette, after all, she has a track record of acting like she's in junior high and choosing her "dream (Facebook) job" over hotties like Jake...but the show is too addicting. And it makes for a good Girls Night Out. So here's a recap of last night!

Ali is back, still blonde, at least 15 pounds heavier, and wearing the most ill-fitting/least flattering black drab of an evening gown. She is here for the right reasons! She gave up her job AND her apartment for TRUE LOVE! Chris Harrison refers to her as "America's Sweetheart", which totally threw me off since I assumed that was Gia or Tenley, but whatever.

The show cuts to bios of the more personable potential husbands for Ali:

Studs: Mountain Man/Josh Groban look-a-like Kyle warmed my heart as he ice-fished and played with his dog. Roberto is the Latin hottie who did the requisite teach-the-bachelorette-how-to-dance act, but he does seem pretty genuine. But 100 points and my vote go to Cape Cod hottie Chris L. Everyone knows Cape Cod men are true gentlemen. Plus he has a cottage on the beach ($), AND he's nice!

Duds: There's Frank who tries to pull off Adorable Nerd, but the fact that he lives with his parents writing screen plays made him loose a few points in my book. Lawyer Jay looks like he has a cute face, but his hair aged him about 20 years. I think he may have picked up on this as soon as he entered the sausage fest, therefore causing him to lose whatever confidence he had coming in. Rated R" came in with a broken foot, but I'm kind of wondering if he's playing the sympathy card and only pretending to have a broken foot. And anyone who goes by the name "Rated R" is too full of himself for me. The same for people who go by "Shooter".

Wild Cards: Johnathan got points from me for being a weatherman, but he looks like he's gonna get real obnoxious real quick. Craig M aka Wolverine gets points for being Hugh Jackman's long lost twin, but he makes me nervous when he gets angry and I fear he'll pull some claws out on Ali! "

Many of the guys tried to impress/buy Ali with heartfelt gifts. One guy made a scrapbook (WTH! Guys don't scrapbook! I'm sorry, but GUYS.DON'T.SCRAPBOOK.) Another gave her a yellow tennis shoe keychain...and of course he had the match so they could make a pair! Of course he gets a rose. The one gift I felt was really a neat one was from my dear mountain man friend Kyle who gave her a gold fish hook for good luck. AND SHE SENT HIM HOME!!!!!!!

The rest of the episode involved manly cat-fights, roses, eliminations, and teases for next week. Tune in here, I think I'll follow this season all the way through! And if you want to watch, our little Bachelorette group would love more girls to scream at the TV with!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds INTENSE!

    (glad I'm not the only one who blogs about TV Shows)

    ReplyDelete