Monday, May 24, 2010

St. George Awesomeness Part 3!


This is the creepy doll outside the general store in Pine Valley.
I want this house so bad, I'm obsessed with the wrap-around porch, the castle-like appearance, and the guest/carriage house right next to it. We drove by it about 8 times.
This was a really cool tree-house at the wedding. Of course we had to pose!

Our dog needed to burn off all that energy after the wedding!

Hey, it's my journal and it's for posterity, right? ;)
To sum up the rest of the trip, we camped after the wedding. We totally burnt the brats we were trying to roast over a fire, but I assured Judd that it was a cleansing to eat overly-charbroiled food (hey, we give charcoal to dogs to get poison out of them!) After that, we car-camped since it was too cold and we were too wimpy. The next day, we tried our hand at fishing, but once again, it was too cold and windy. We're so going again after all the poles and bait we bought! We were determined to have an awesome trip and not let the disappointing fishing trip get to us, so we went on a hike instead. It was right outside of St. George and I think it was called Turtle Peak or something like that. I'm so glad we have a dog that won't run away off-leash (bad, I know, but she's a good dog!). Bindi had fun chasing lizards, and we had fun trying to work off all those calories! We told ourselves we did 10 miles, but it was more like 5, but still pretty good!
After that, we headed home, crashed, took a 3 hour nap, and here we are now!

3 comments:

  1. I love Pine Valley! Both my grandparents and my parents have homes up there! Who's wedding was it? Sounds like you had fun camping =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I saw who's it was in the previous post! Looks like a fun wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never even heard of it until this wedding, but Judd and I have officially added it to our list of possible retiree places!

    ReplyDelete