Monday, May 10, 2010

Studio G... you're the best!


Best Tuesday anchors ever! Ashley and me!
In front of the green screen, pretending some really cool background is behind us!
The Studio G crew!

So here I am on a Monday afternoon wondering what I'm going to do for next few hours. This is a weird sensation, as usually Mondays for the past few months consisted of me going absolutely crazy trying to film and edit stories before the 2:30 deadline, preparing weather reports, reading over my anchor scripts, tweaking the cameras, and a bunch of other tasks needed to run a newsroom/news show. But now that our show Studio G is over until the fall, we're on a much-needed break. As crazy as the show drove us, I think I'm safe in saying I'm probably not the only one feeling a little empty at the moment. That group of us right there put our hearts and souls into producing a news show 5 days a week. We spent more time in the news room than anywhere else and eventually all became such good friends. It's the first time at UNLV that I've ever felt completely accepted and that I found my niche. I feel like I'm at LVA again, except that this time I finally get to be in the spotlight instead of working backstage behind it!

So I'll rest up these next few months, then come back ready to be news director/anchor in the fall! I figure it's a good way to leave a bit of legacy in my last semester!

Just remember, you can watch us at work or on the web at unlv.tv/views! Gosh, who knows how many times I had to say that line!

No comments:

Post a Comment