Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kristen Reviews...a bit of Gossip, scandel in the courts, and a very REBELous pizza!

Alright, so to break away from less-than-momentous life occasion blogs, I want to write about three things worth checking out!

1. CW's Gossip Girl Season 3 Finale



So this is one of those shows that, depending on who I'm talking to, I will either proudly admit liking, or hiding my head in shame for liking. I love this show despite all its trashiness and compromising situations it puts its underage characters in (if I ever get to be a Young Woman adviser, I would never admit to my girls I watch this!). But the fashion! Blair's awesome comebacks! Chuck's creepy one-liners! Seeing how dumb Serena can get! Trying to decide if Jenny needs a hug or needs to be strangled! Rufus's waffles! This list could go on for days, but sadly, I will not get to see my guiltiest pleasure show until September because the Season Finale was Monday night.

After Judd the Stud spent two hours trying to find this show online after our DVR failed us, we were finally able to watch this hunched around the computer (yes, Judd is mildly interested in this show, although he will claim he can't stand it). I thought it was their best season finale yet, and because I don't want to give too much away, I'll just say...PREGNANCY!SHOOTING!STEP-SIBLING INCEST!

I'm probably losing a few heaven points as well as brain cells every time I watch this show, but we'll just call it my Diet Coke. Everyone has weaknesses. :)



2. The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory



So one of my favorite books (although I can't say the same for the movie) is The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm completely obsessed with royal history, and combined with my love for historical fiction novels, this is one book I never get bored with. SO when I saw that there were SEQUELS, I had to get them! This is the one I just finished, and it is one you won't be able to put down. Granted, you have to know the story of The Other Boleyn Girl, but you can probably just get away with watching the movie to understand this book (but you'll be cheating yourself!).

The Boleyn Inheritance picks up a couple of years where the first book ended, and it follows the viewpoints of three prominent women of that time period: Anne of Cleves, who becomes King Henry VIII's unwanted 4th wife, Jane Rochford, the traitor who lives with the memory of sending her husband and Queen Anne to their deaths, and Catherine Howard, the king's flirtatious, 30 years younger 5th wife. So much scandal! And the whole story chronicles real events, which makes the story that much more fascinating.

3. Rebel Pizza


Judd and I eat here about once a week. You can't beat the $5 FRESHLY MADE large specials (beats the Little Caesar's that's been sitting under a heating lamp waiting for you). It's right down the street from where we live. I love that you can sign the walls, so I did all romantically for Judd and I (and for Studio G). And I love how it kept my friends and I fed those long nights I had to stay in the studio this semester. It's not quite Sunset Pizza (my absolute fave), but it's pretty close!

No comments:

Post a Comment