Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 5: A Picture Of Your Favorite Memory



I realize a ton of these could be answered with a wedding picture. But since I'm saving it for "My favorite day", I thought I'd go with this one. I also realize at the ridiculously slow speed I'm going, it will probably take me 300 days to complete the 30 day challenge. But I will, mark my words!

I have to throw in the huge effort I'm taking to post this picture. Since I'm not on my regular computer, I don't have access to my pictures. I assumed this was on Facebook... but I guess not. So I had to log into...Myspace... to find it. First time in years, I bet. Anyone still go on there? It's totally weird now... and to think I used to spend HOURS on there in high school! I know I've neglected MySpace and all... but the least they could do is let me download a bigger picture, right?

I digress...

Ever since I was a little girl... I've dreamed of becoming a dolphin trainer. It's the reason I did years of swim team, the reason I switched my college major so many times. I was absolutly convinced I was meant to spend all my days with dolphins.

But I grew up and moved on to dream #2... working in a newsroom. But still, I absolutely love dolphins... and this moment easily ranks in my top five greatest ever.

I did a behind-the-scenes tour/trainer for a day program at SeaWorld for my 18th birthday. It was so amazing, the trainers let me do a ton of stuff they normally don't do... just because they could tell I was really into it. The highlight was riding on a dolphin's back and playing with it in the water. It's really indescribable to be that close to such a awe-inspiring animal.

If you ever get the chance... go swim with a dolphin. I've done it three times now... but I'll never forget this moment as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment